Frequently Asked Questions
Filming Your Video
- Can I submit old footage or should I make a new video?
- Any footage is relevant that helps support your story, old or new! Submit as may videos as you like.
- How should I film my video?
- Make sure your video is in landscape, not portrait – as in, hold your phone side to side, not up and down! (If you make your video on a computer it will automatically be in landscape)
- Hold your phone or camera as steady as possible.
- How long should the video be?
- Any length! (But if they are larger than 2:30 can’t be sent via facebook messenger)
What Should I Say?
- Be yourself! We want to get to know who you are as a person and how your life experiences have been affected by snoring and sleep apnea.
- It can be emotional, dramatic, humorous, etc.
Impact on Professional and Personal Lives
- We are very interested in how sleep apnea has impacted your professional and personal life.
Common Questions about Subjects
- Should I talk about my treatment?
- We are very interested in stories about how you are being treated for sleep apnea and/or snoring. Please share with us the ups and downs of your journey – how it started and where you are now. Don’t hold back!
- What if I haven’t sought, can’t find, or don’t want treatment?
- Yes, your stories are very important for this film. We want to understand your circumstances.
- What if I snore but haven’t been diagnosed with sleep apnea?
- We would love to hear your story and how snoring has affected you and those around you.
- If I’m not the person snoring or with sleep apnea but am impacted by its effects, can I share my story?
- Absolutely! We are very interested in those who are experiencing the secondary impacts of snoring and sleep apnea.
- If I have a child that suffers from sleep apnea should I include them?
- We are looking for all stories involving children, whether they have sleep problems that haven’t been diagnosed or are being treated (i.e. a child with OSA who has been misdiagnosed with ADHD and the impact this has had on their education and their family).
- What would you be interested in having me share?
- Your passion for the work you are doing and why.
- Any advancements you are making.
- Any patient stories.
- How will I be notified if my video is going to be used?
- We will contact you by email. If you haven’t heard from us, please follow up.
- We will be sending you a more formal consent and release for your signature which is due back within ten days.
- What should I do if I accidentally submit before I finish filling out my information?
- Send an email to us at email@example.com to let us know! We will help make sure we receive all of your information.
- Can I submit more than one video?
- Submit as many videos as you like!